Friday, February 25, 2005

Guilt for Nothing?

Ya know what sucks? Feeling guilty about doing nothing.

I feel like I should be doing something constructive. It's not that I don't have plenty to do; I've got a chore list that is a mile long...but that isn't on the docket for today. I realize that sometimes you just need to take some downtime. I simply feel guilty about it. Why is that?
Is it the legacy of the Puritan Work Ethic? Why can't I just enjoy a little time to myself without feeling like I'm shirking something? It's kind of maddening, and ends up sucking the life out of a little relaxation. It becomes not fun. And I KNOW I can't be the only one who feels this way!

Anybody know how to eliminate this? If you could package it and sell it, I think you'd make a flat fortune.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely a puritan thing...damn ancestors never leave us alone!

Care to share the new e-mail address? I'd hate to have a clever little missive not find it's way to you.

-J

Tue Mar 01, 08:54:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home